Problems with the installation process of a smart-me device lie usually in the internet connection or the Wi-Fi strength. Try these things if you experience problems:
- Make sure a 2.4 GHz network is used. Most routers that offer a 5 GHz network offer a 2.4 GHz network as well.
- Check if the Wi-Fi network itself has an internet connection.
- Make sure there is no typo in the password.
- Sometimes a Wi-Fi router has problems distributing new IP addresses, just turn the router off and on again, this normally solves the problem (the router has to be in DHCP mode).
- The firewall is blocking the communication
- Please check if the Port 80 UDP is blocked
To check the Wi-Fi connection itself and its signal strength in remote locations, we developed a simple app to check it:
- Connection Tester - This free app checks 1. Wi-Fi strength 2.the used frequnenzy (2.4 or 5GHz) 3. if a connection to the smart-me service is possible (or if a firewall / blocked port is in the way)
- Please be aware that this app is only available for Android phones since Apple has a restrictions on the handling of Wi-Fi information